I was just reading a friend's blog and she was talking of her son and his imaginary grandmom he talks about and it reminded me of Maddy.
At about the age of 4, Madison had a grandmother, my old granny, and two brothers, John and Carrington, that she would tell us stories about all the time!!!!!!!! We realized the other day she stopped talking about them roughly a year ago. I kind of miss the stories she came up with though!!! Some could truly have happened and others.... not so much! But it was always fun to listen and imagine with her! I'll have to brainstorm with Shaun and see if I can remember some of the best to share!
Jarod from the age of 3 to about 6 months ago (actually sometimes now even, less though), he had an imaginary friend also. His name was "My Jarod". So "My Jarod" would always go with us everywhere. He had to have a seat belt on, etc. Oh and we didn't dare accidently leave him behind somewhere because there would be a literal meltdown for doing so!!
Madison also had an imaginary friend about the age of 2 1/2 to about 3 1/2. His name was TJ, just like the character from "Recess" cartoon. He didn't go with us many places but she played with him quite a bit in her room!
It is so fun to listen and watch their minds grow through imagination! No toy out there will ever beat that thrill and memory for us or for the kids! I do believe a child with an imagination is a sucess in the making... nothing is out of their reach!!! I think the tv and game systems has taken some of that out of childhood nowadays! A good imagination makes a book so much more fun to read and get lost in!! I hope I can continue to instill that aspect in their lives for years to come!!!
Friday, May 23, 2008
Posted by Christy and Shaun at 8:59 AM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)







0 comments:
Post a Comment