I know it's been a while since I actually wrote so here's the best synopsis of what has been going on.
Miley is growing and learning by leaps and bounds!! She now refers to all dogs as "huahuas". This came from us joking around about the Chihuahua movie coming out. It is so cute though coming from her!! She got her first scrape on the chin yesterday from trying to ride a tricycle with Madison and Jarod. We have broken free of the bottle finally!! yeah us!! but due to her mild millk protein allergy we are still doing the formula. Hopefully in the near future we can try the milk again.
Madison is doing awesome in school academically. She still has the issue of talking in class, but I can't say she didn't come by that naturally. LOL She and Jarod are also doing karate once a week and she absolutely loves it!! Shaun and I hope that it will become a long term adventure for them.
Jarod is slowly doing better in school. His reading is really starting to blossom!! We got behind this morning getting ready because I found him reading Dick and Jane instead of doing his socks and shoes. As aggravated as I was this morning, I do know this is a great start for a love of books!!
I has truly helped the both of them to learn to love to read more because lately I took on the Twilight series to see what all the talk was about. It only took me three weeks to finish all the books. I do believe they really enjoyed watching me get so excited to sit down and read every chance I could get. Now I just need to find another series to read to continue the example!! All suggestions are welcomed!!
Shaun and I are still the same... working and taking care of the kids and loving every minute we can get with them!!
Wednesday, October 8, 2008
Posted by Christy and Shaun at 11:47 AM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)







3 comments:
I'm glad to hear that you have turned to the dark side aka twilight side!! I just posted a ton of new Twilight pictures on my blog--you should take a peek at Edward!!!
I love the twilight series! I can't wait for the movie. I'm glad you're doing well.
Have you read the Peter and the Starcatchers series? It's a new take on how Peter Pan becamse the boy who could fly and other adventures they have. We read it out loud to Bryan a few years ago(I did the british and pirate accents too!). It is a great read for any age. Also, I enjoyed the Eragon series if you like fantasy. It's a nice quick read. I can't believe how your kids are growing...and how long it's been since I've seen you guys!
Post a Comment